BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have just had my 55 reg 535d m sport serviced to be told needed new battery £130 but was also mentioned if had any faults come up on the dash stating { high level of electrical discharge ] which has happened 2-3 times since last November & required resetting the date & time.. I am now told the IBS {intelligent battery sensor } has become corroded as near the vent in the well where the battery is located.. Great design !!...Just told will cost £155.56 for a new one & it has been superseeded / upgraded.. does any one know where you may get one cheaper or does the car require it ??? or what does it look like ??? any help much appreciated !!!! Ray

·
Registered
3 Posts
IBS

Just had mine in the garage BMW they just disconnect it, two wires from the earth strap of the battery, YA dont need it to drive car, all it does is cause problems with computer ie shut it down and restart ect. All it does is shut down electrical goods not required to start the car. If its U S then that is why your battery will be at less than optimum. IE its draining charge over night. just try it and see if it works its so simple to do your self disconnect the two wires and see if things improve. BMW Tech said its not important to have one, however, the car is still fully functional, but obviously it will not help if ya have a low or flat battery#

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just had mine in the garage BMW they just disconnect it, two wires from the earth strap of the battery, YA dont need it to drive car, all it does is cause problems with computer ie shut it down and restart ect. All it does is shut down electrical goods not required to start the car. If its U S then that is why your battery will be at less than optimum. IE its draining charge over night. just try it and see if it works its so simple to do your self disconnect the two wires and see if things improve. BMW Tech said its not important to have one, however, the car is still fully functional, but obviously it will not help if ya have a low or flat battery#
Cheers for the advise,:D will give it a try & see how it gets on ?? If i do not use the car over the weekend the battery light shows on dash & high level electrical discharge appears on sat nav, take to nearest BM Dealer... but always starts ???? :jaw-dropping... Thanks Ray

1 - 5 of 5 Posts