BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During discussions with my BMW dealer regarding having the coolant changed on my '05 E60, I was informed that they would be able to change the coolant on my arrival, ie., when at normal running temperature, without having to let the engine cool. On thinking about this afterwards, I'm not sure I would be happy with that, particularly with the possibility of cracking the head for example. Should I be concerned, or do they now use a method which is without this type of risk?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply Ronnie - I think I would be happier just doing the job myself - that way I'll know how it's done & what's gone in.
(My one-click "Thanks" button is not operating by the way).

·
Registered
865 Posts
Was it only going in for coolant change? Tech wouldnt change coolant if hot 100 degrees no chance would wait to cool down a bit. But have changed hot coolant before no probs. When drain coolant only half comes out anyway, no poss way removing all.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Me too! Unless eddie needs to clear cookies e.t.c, I've had some strange things like smilies can't be selected and clearing cookies and history e.t.c sorted it
Just tried it on your post Ronnie, and it worked OK, but I've tried it over the last couple of days, and was always told "You don't have permission to use this page" (or something like that) - however, seems to be sorted again.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Was it only going in for coolant change? Tech wouldnt change coolant if hot 100 degrees no chance would wait to cool down a bit. But have changed hot coolant before no probs. When drain coolant only half comes out anyway, no poss way removing all.
Yes, it's been in four years now, so I would prefer to have it renewed. I didn't expect to hear that only half of it would be renewed though. Surely if the radiator drain and the block drain are both removed, at worst, the only coolant that may not be released would be what ever is in the heater?

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Yes, it's been in four years now, so I would prefer to have it renewed. I didn't expect to hear that only half of it would be renewed though. Surely if the radiator drain and the block drain are both removed, at worst, the only coolant that may not be released would be what ever is in the heater?
To do it properly you need to flush it then refill then flush it e.t.c :frown

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.