BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone advise if there are any additional precautions/tasks involved in refilling the cooling system ('05 E60 530D),whenever there is a Webasto heater fitted - ie.,over and above the normal bleeding procedure?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I honestly don't know Ronnie, but it must be integrated with the cooling system, hence my concern about getting the system drained and refilled without any air-locks. IIRC, I'm sure I read somewhere that the system was actually pressure filled, but I may have got that wrong.

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
It shouldn't make any difference I wouldn't have thought, I believe the system is like the heater matrix set up in that you have some additional heater taps added to your cooling system, bleeding the cooling system should be the same I would think.

It may be a idea to check with your main dealer to be sure though, I know on the e39 the heater is behind the passenger wheel arch shield(infront of the passenger door)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
H'mmmmm, that's interesting. I just assumed that all E60s had the aux. heater fitted, but on your suggestion, I re-checked the manual again, and notice that the Aux.Heater has a * beside it , indicating that it's "optional", so you've probably hit the nail on the head Ronnie, in that I don't have one after all - something less to worry about when changing the coolant. Thanks very much for your help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts