BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

2005 E60 525d cutting out on anything more than half throttle

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Dreww 
#1 ·
Hey guys, first post here so bare with me.
I have a 2005 525d, sitting still it runs fine, redlines fine stationary, will happily drive at 90 mph if not booted, but as soon as you try drive away at anything more than my grannies Sunday drive it tries to serve up the power, starts to boost for half a second and then cuts out violently. Select neutral start the car again and it is happy to drive off like a granny, engine check lights nothing.
Other symptoms are a constant hissing from under the car at the fuel tank area, previous owner said something about changing the diesel filter, I've yet to check it but going by the mess left under the rear seats and under the tank covers I'm not crossing my fingers.
The fuel gauge also doesn't read anything over half.
On revving the engine checking to see anything leaking from the injectors there's a puff of blue smoke from down the left side of the engine bay

The only codes I have are these

I've took an ohm meter set at 200 to the injectors and they're show a consistent resistance of 0.8 each

I'd read somewhere that light bulb faults have shown before instead of fuel codes and I seem to have a few codes for bulbs but they're all working fine 🤔

Does anyone know what the hell this car is upto and how I can solve it pleeeease!🥺

I'll give the first person to help me solve this my 30 minutes of outside time 😂

See less See more
#3 ·
Sorry it took me so long to reply, you're absolutely right. I contacted the previous owner and it was sat for 3 months before me picking it up. Changed the diesel filter and it went like a scalded rat!
Surprise surprise I think its had a remap 😬😍

Another lovely wee surprise was going to fit the aux out my mini into it and when I took the stereo out it already had a bluetooth module, I call that a great wee 2 for 1!😂

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.