BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Just thought id get an updated sat nav version. was using the BMW Proffessional 05-1 DVD and was told by my local stealer that i need an updated one... fair enough i went and got myself an 09-1 Professional DVD... couldnt notice much difference at first, had to restart the sysytem after 5 mins....
i was under the impression that it had a different interface (map) and that you could input the full postcode, but i guess not... seem like a waste of money as i was completely happy to stick with my 05-1. which version, if any, has that feature? as that would be the only reason i would upgrade. also on the PERSPECTIVE view its kinda lame as u cant see any street names...

btw its for my 2005 e60 (prof Satnav)

·
Registered
781 Posts
There are no version of DVD type Nav that have a 7 digit postcode search (to my knowledge). The later hard drive based systems can offer this once updated but us early car owners dip out.

There should be quite a few differences between a 2005 and 2009 disc though, the road network updates mainly.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Should really make the title a little easier to understand as I had no idea what you were talking about.

Also what is your question?

If its your not happy with the software I'd personally complain and say you didn't "need" it if they forced you into it. Sounds like they suggested you needed an update and you went for it?

·
Banned
1,871 Posts
Generally the year-on-year upgrades give you the most recent road network, but not much else...hence why I don't buy mine from Dealers at silly prices.......

·
Registered
11 Posts
There are more POI locations as well, but personally, I would upgrade the i-drive software because you will definitely notice enhancements for navigation.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
...hence why I don't buy mine from Dealers at silly prices.......
didnt get it from the dealers......got it off fleabay for £20... :) (hate to say, its a bargain..)

There are more POI locations as well, but personally, I would upgrade the i-drive software because you will definitely notice enhancements for navigation.
apparently when i took it in last they did upgrade the idrive software..."its the latest version available"...:confused

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do the old hidden menu trick and verify which software version it is :thumbsup
hows it go again??....i think i tried it a while ago without any luck....mustve been doing it wrong..:frown....any links to it (preferably one for dummies) :lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
1. Push down i-Drive knob for approx 8 sec
2. Turn right 3 clicks
3. Turn left 3 clicks
4. Turn right 1 click
5. Turn left 1 click
6. Turn right 1 click
7. Push down i-Drive knob

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do the old hidden menu trick and verify which software version it is :thumbsup
..blimey..found lots of numbers...under which heading is it?
System Inte...
Date=29.7.2005
Version=1.22.3

is this it??

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, that's the software version date. £150 gets the latest version I believe :hihi
REEEAALLY!!........was told on many occasions that this was the latest software version available.........looks like ill be on the phone to Mr Chadwick again @Chigwell BMW.........not happy at all if thats the case:mad

just out of curiosity tho...what is the latest software version for an e60 (pre LCI) idrive?

·
Registered
11 Posts
REEEAALLY!!........was told on many occasions that this was the latest software version available.........looks like ill be on the phone to Mr Chadwick again @Chigwell BMW.........not happy at all if thats the case:mad

just out of curiosity tho...what is the latest software version for an e60 (pre LCI) idrive?
If they do a CIP/PROGMAN upgrade, there is sometimes a possibility some components won't update successfully and they have to redo several times in order to get it right. Probably don't want the hassle I'm guessing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts