BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all i have got a problem with a front parking sensor does anyone know how to replace it do i need to remove the front bumper if so how is this done is there any walk throughs on here showing you how to do it thanks in advance pete the diagnosic check came back with

code 16 distance sensor centre left signal fault but it may not be the unit itself

·
Registered
320 Posts
You will need to remove the bumper. Im not sure if there are any walk through guides on here. Ronnie would probably be best to help on that subject. But they are not that hard to remove or loosen enough to change it...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for that i got the bumper off today pig of a job found a broken wire soldered it together hey presto it worked however went back to it earlier and i had a continuos beep as if a sensor is sensing something close did the ear test and all are clicking
just been out now at 9.00 pm its working fine again any help or ideas thanks pete

·
Registered
320 Posts
Sounds like you have an intermittent sensor failure that I would only be able to pinpoint with diagnostic equipment. Maybe worth a trip to someone with this software? Im used to taking the bumpers off so they are not so bad when you have done a few..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts