BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my M3 a month now and had no problems untill yesterday when i was using the sat nav it was working ok then it freezed up. I turned the ignition off and back on and there was no sat nav just computer and tv but the screen had gone into some weird mode like windows on a pc going into DOS If you know what i mean. I left it a while hoping it would reset and it didn't. So i put the key in the door and done a reset and it worked no back on with the BMW logo coming up and screen back to normal. Does anybody know why this has happened?

·
Registered
183 Posts
i think they just crash every now and again. if the reset fixed it straight away then i wouldn't worry about it unless its a regular occurance.

·
Registered
880 Posts
As bucky said, the Nav computer crashed.

If you are using a copied DVD then this can cause a crash, or if the DVD is scratched or dirty. Also if you are not using the latest Nav software it's worth updating, a MK IV (which you should have on a 2005 car) should say 4-1/00 on the top right of the settings menu.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi could you tell me how you did the reset has im havin problems with power stayin on to the speakers after i turn igintion off (interfernce noise/hissin). only way i can stop it is if i go through the unpairing phone operation (even though there no phone paired to it) then turn off igniton an it stops. bluetooth or handsfree problem im thinking??
Cheers mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts