BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have the above car and it only has 11k miles. The other day I got in and 2 lights were staying on. One of them a traction control light. Took it to BMW and they say its ABS pump and to fix will cost £1700. Anyone have any suggestions. As you can understand I am very annoying as it only has 11,000 miles. Car drives fine and everything works for day to day!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a very similar problem on my E46 320. What was your solution?
Every now and again the lights goes out, but it turns back on. The majority of the time the lights remain on.
Do BMW charge for a ODB scan? How much is a scanner?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there, I had the same problem on my 2002 330ci auto. i took it to my local indy and they reloaded the software to reset the steering angle. he said if the lights came back on then the sensor would need replaced, that was 2500 miles ago and they have still not came back on. while he had the car connected up he also cleared the codes on the auto box which got rid of the annoying snatch when the car was changing from second to first gear. all done for a £100 so i was well happy. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi there, I had the same problem on my 2002 330ci auto. i took it to my local indy and they reloaded the software to reset the steering angle. he said if the lights came back on then the sensor would need replaced, that was 2500 miles ago and they have still not came back on. while he had the car connected up he also cleared the codes on the auto box which got rid of the annoying snatch when the car was changing from second to first gear. all done for a £100 so i was well happy. :)

Thanks I'll take it to a local garage and see what they can do then. Just hope it's nothing too expensive! :thumbsup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.