BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. My 2005 320 CD SE is acting strange. On a couple of occasions recently I have been experiencing two different issues but don't know if they are related.
Just today I got on the motorway and as I was getting to about 50-60 mph the steering wheel was vibrating massively. I kept at 60mph as I felt a bit nervy about it. As I got off the motorway and got into 20-30mph speeds the car was making an awful squealing noise as I was driving. The noise was extremely loud! I got back in the car about 2 hours later and I never heard anything at all. Could it be the brakes causing this? I really need to get it looked at but thought I'd ask you guys first.
First time I noticed the steering problem was a few weeks ago when I was driving around 20-30mph and the steering juddered but then it never did it again. Any suggestions?!
Thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I'll go check that now! What about the loud high pitched squealing noise though...
Thing is the steering is fine 99% of the time. It's only now and again that I have noticed the huge vibration in the steering.

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
If you take the car for a run, when you get back just GENTLY put your hand on each wheel. But be careful as they may be hot. If you have a siezed brake one wheel will be significantly hotter then the others. :thumbsup

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.