BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone just wanted to ask can you buy part 11 on its own or do you have to buy the whole thing 11 and 15 ?

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Part 11 is just the breather housing, part 15 is the actual vortex breather that can replace the old loo roll type in the same housing.

Both parts can be bought separately.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any idea how much part 11 is ? For the whole think bmw want 50.00 and 23.00 for the oil seperator but i bought the sepertor last year so that should be ok!.

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
Part 11 is just the breather housing, part 15 is the actual vortex breather that can replace the old loo roll type in the same housing.

Both parts can be bought separately.
not try to be pedantic but part #11 is the breather and the oil separator sold as a set, as you say part #15 is the oil separator only :thumbsup

Part no.11 (11127799224) Breather + Separator £49.15 @dealers
Part no.15 (11127799367) Separator £23.25 @dealer prices less any discount you can get, dunno if 10% plus4 discount is still on?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi again, just wanted to ask is the oil seperator part the only thing you need to worry about or can other parts of the breather be troublesome ?

thanks

·
Registered
627 Posts
The oil seperator (vortex) that replaces the loo roll type filter is the main part but i believe the casing that it fits in has some type of preassure valve in it..If you are changing from the loo roll type filter to the vortex type it might be worth buying the complete unit as the preassure valve might be full of crap if it has had the loo roll filter in...I believe once you have the vortex type in it doesen't need changing again ( but i will stand corrected)

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
Thats exactly what I did Alan, bought the Oil Breather assembly which includes the vortex separator and chucked the old stuff in the bin.
Now I'll simply change the vortex separator every 30k or so, if I keep the car that long :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts