BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm absolutley gutted this morning as I've managed to have an accident last night while swerving out the way of a fox!!
Ended up going into a barrier head on but only at about 10mph by the time I stopped drifting around. It's pushed my bonnet up and lights back, and took a few scores out from the top of the bumper where its gone underneath the barrier. Radiator etc seems fine though. Wish I'd just hit the damn thing now!

My insurance is expensive enough as it is so I would rather repair it out my own pocket. It's looking like I'm going to need a new bonnet, maybe a new bumper, new front side panel etc. Just wondering if anyone knows the best place to get these things from??

I might post some pictures up later on if i can bare to look at it without it bringing a tear to my eye! :hihi

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
Argh mate gutted for you, had a prang myself a couple of weeks back and its soul destroying!
Fraid other than ringing round local scrappies, Quarry Motors, Ebay and advertising in the forums wanted section
I can't really offer further advice, just a sympathetic ear :frown

:thumbsup

·
Registered
297 Posts
Sorry to hear it mate! Nothing worse than seeing your pride and joy crumple. I hope the fox checked you were ok after the incident?

Local scrappies is probably your best bet....

·
Platinum BFuk Member
244 Posts
Sorry to hear mate, scappy or quary motors your best bet.
hope no one has seen you hit the barrier. if so public damage could cost a fair bit.
i hit a lamp post a few years back and the price for a new one was 1800 quid

Reactions: olner

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers for all the help! I'm now taking it to a professional lol. He's a friend of the family and apparently he's an absolute master at this stuff, he says the bumper and wing can be easily repaired, I just need a new bonnet, headlights, grille and eyebrows now, so it's getting cheaper than what I first thought. I'll be sure to take a before and after picture just incase anyone round my area ever needs work done as I know there's a lot of cowboys out there.

I've been searching for a secondhand bonnet as I would prefer this to a brand new replica, but it seems everywhere I try can't get hold of them, and ebay isn't much good either.

Has anyone bought a replica bonnet and if so is it any good?

Also does anyone know if there is a difference in bonnets between the e46 pre/post facelift model?

Thanks for all the support guys :thumbsup

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
Good to hear the repair plans are positively moving forward, I think the pre and post facelift bonnets have quite a few differences
including different indicator pattern, grills and the bonnet bulge is different. :thumbsup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts