BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

2005 525D Engine cooling fan issues 41F1 DDE

9K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Clavurion 
#1 ·
Newbie here,

Hello everyone, My wife was driving home the other day and the BMW went into limp mode, no gas pedal, she idled home 2km. I toss the computer on the car and I get a code 41F1 DDE. I checked for a 60 amp fuse in slot #9 in the fuse box, fuse checks good. I lift the hood and I hear a whirling noise, like something surging... its the cooling fan. I shut off the engine and disconnect the electrical plug. Then I restart the car to put a electrical meter on the connector. The car came out of limp mode, and gas pedal works again when I restarted the engine. The voltage on the small wire, was 6-8v never holding steady. So, what controls the power feed to this fan motor? When I reconnected the elect connector, the fan went back to revving, and car went back into limp mode.

Any ideas? the fan spins nice and free, and works. I think the signal to the power feed is the problem.

The car recently had all engine vacuum hoses replaced, new glow plugs, new intake manifold seals, and glow plug controller installed.

Thank you in advance for any help that might be offered. Sorry to be the newbie to get on here and ask for help on the first post.

Jeffrey
American living in Germany

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.