BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving to work this morning I was greeted with a bong every 10 minutes. Once outside temperature reach 3.0 degrees celius it stopped, this may be a coincidence. Its the same bong I get every time I unlock the doors and get in the car, not sure what that is either. I have just acquired the car, a E90 330i SE. It has a nokia car kit installed if that is relevant

Regards,
Adam.

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
I thought it might be but when you are travelling for 90 mins it gets a little bit annoying especially as it mutes the radio as well!
I know exactly what you mean. Mine didnt mute the radio, but still gets annoying. I imagine its not an easy job to disable it on an E90
Im lucky with my old thing, can just unplug the gong ;)

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Driving to work this morning I was greeted with a bong every 10 minutes. Once outside temperature reach 3.0 degrees celius it stopped, this may be a coincidence. Its the same bong I get every time I unlock the doors and get in the car, not sure what that is either. I have just acquired the car, a E90 330i SE. It has a nokia car kit installed if that is relevant

Regards,
Adam.
My E36 bongs when the outside temp is below 3c.
I think it is an ice warning mate.

Steve is bang on with what he says with regards to the E36. The bong sounds to warn of black ice on the road. I wasn't aware that it continued to do it though, I thought it was just on starting the vehicle and if the outside temperature was below 3 degrees:confused

What amount of time was between each bong?

Perhaps another member can shed more light on this one for us:thumbsup

·
Registered
6 Posts
For what its worth, my 2006 E92 (with iDrive) sounds a bong once when the temp drops to 3c or below. This will happen within a short time of the ignition turning on/engine starting if temperature is already down, or while driving if the temperature falls. The snow flake is also displayed. The bong will only happen each time the temperature drops to 3c or below, it only bongs once.

My car does not bong however when it is unlocked!

I'm pretty certain there are no options within the iDrive menu's to alter this behaviour.

Reactions: RYM

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Driving to work again this morning in sub 3degrees only bonged once with the ice triangle. Strange. I suspect the car phone kit, its a nokia one and I have an IPhone. My satbav has handsfree. I plan to remove the kit.

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
For what its worth, my 2006 E92 (with iDrive) sounds a bong once when the temp drops to 3c or below. This will happen within a short time of the ignition turning on/engine starting if temperature is already down, or while driving if the temperature falls. The snow flake is also displayed. The bong will only happen each time the temperature drops to 3c or below, it only bongs once.

My car does not bong however when it is unlocked!

I'm pretty certain there are no options within the iDrive menu's to alter this behaviour.
Thanks for clearing that up:thumbsup

I only thought it did it the once and like you mention again if the temperature has gone up and then dropped below 3 degrees again:thumbsup

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.