BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

First post so hopefully someone can help!

I have recently brought a 2004 BMW X3 in an attempt to have a comfortable family car. While the first week with the car was great, the second week brought on a chunk of issues.

The engine warning light came on. I had it reset but was told that if I was to go over 4000~ revs it would likely come back on again, needless to say the day after the reset the light came back on but at just over 2000 revs. The auto center told me that it would likely be a main dealer repair but didn't give any details about the reading.

Any ideas on what this could be?

I have also noticed that, when starting the car in the morning there is a feint smell of petrol and the petrol level seemingly drops overnight. I can't figure out if this me imagining stuff or if there is a fuel leak. I have attached a picture of some residue that I found this evening after only parking the car up for an hour. Could this be fuel?

I'm starting to think I have brought a bit of a dog :cry:

Happy to answer any questions and thank you for any help!!

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi Musty i would advise you to get this sorted as soon as possible take it to a garage if you are not confident, you are leaking a very flammable and dangerous liquid which could destroy your car and potentially put you at risk may be the fuel filter corroded and leaking or a fuel line damaged which ever you need to treat this as matter of urgency
sorry to sound this way but you need to stop driving and repair immediately

1 - 2 of 2 Posts