BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an annoying problem with the Z4 and would welcome any ideas.

When I leave the car & lock up, the alarm keeps going off randomly, sometimes after a few minutes, sometimes after an hour or so and once after about 6 or 7 hours! It's got to the stage that I now have to leave the car unlocked so as not to attract attention.

I will be going to see the main dealer sometime this week to see if it records any specific faults, but before I do, I wondered if anyone else had had a similar problem or has any ideas.

I'm hoping it's one of those things that can be re-set by pushing a few buttons etc.

Thanks for any help you can give :D

Cheers,
Tone

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sounds like your interior sensors are playing up Tone. Switch them off and still alarm the rest of your car. To do this, press the lock button twice on the fob when arming the car...the clown nose will stay on for a couple of secs to acknowledge de-activation and then resume to blink as usual. If this works, then dealer will need to adjust sensitivity.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Neal,

Just set that...now I'll see how long it lasts.

Fingers crossed. ;)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:thumbsup Nice one Neal, problem sorted temporarily.

I was able to rest easier last night knowing the car was secure.

Thanks again :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.