BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys. I thought this is probably more of a generic question, as opposed to car specific, hence I've posted it in this general section (but anyhow, my car is a 2004 E65 730D).

Roughly how much should it cost to get this job done?

Also, should I be getting some other stuff done at the same time, or this pretty much an isolated job on its own?

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I know a very good indy by me that charge £125 for the job..

I think between £125 and £175 is what you should be expecting.. anything over that is too much

Reactions: nikd2010

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice. You wouldn't happen to know which swirly flaps my E65 would take do you? I'll look for someone near me.

I'm actually not too sure if it's been done yet on my car.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
you have the same lump as mine, so £175 ish

·
Registered
87 Posts
There is a BMW indy near me I asked for a friend with an E46 320D touring. The guy quoted £175 all in, he has the swirl flap blanking plates in stock.
What is the name of the place as I should prob look into it for my motor :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the advice. You wouldn't happen to know which swirly flaps my E65 would take do you? I'll look for someone near me.

I'm actually not too sure if it's been done yet on my car.
I done this on my E65 and if you had of been based here, I would have done it for £100 and cleaned down the manifold and EGR valve too plus the pipes.

As for the size of the blanks to replace, I believe you need to actually have the original measured first as there are 2 sizes.

These guys will send both if your not sure, just return the ones that dont fit.

http://www.pmwltd.co.uk/?page_id=155

1 - 7 of 7 Posts