BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, does anybody know why I might get interference with my radio (AM, not FM) when I'm not pressing the brakes, but when I press harder, the interference goes?

Anybody else getting this??

I also generally get interference with the AM radio in certain areas. It's fine on the motorway, but as soon as I get close to say a city center, it also goes bad. It's pretty sensitive.

But there is definately something with the reception and the brakes...??

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi. No - it's all original 2004 E65 kit. It's the regular radio/cd/cd changer in dash set up. It's all controlled from the iDrive.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Suppression on the i-drive models is not great...I get some interference on certain AM channels as well, but I know these are down to weak radio signals.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers for the comments. What do you mean by suppression? Just the filtering of the "noise" from the electrics?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is there anything that can be checked, or some faulty part that can be changed? I've heard of some dodgy connections being checked?? Not heard anything specific around the E65 tho.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't know if I'd be able to dismantle this without breaking something, or damaging it!

I've spoken to a small number of people who have suggested tinted windows. But I'm not convinced, as I would have thought it would always be bad. Also the thing with the brakes.

Maybe it's an Auto Electrician. How much should it cost for looking something like this up???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts