BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i own a 2004 645 ci and am looking to upgrade the exhaust to release a bit more growl out of the engine as i dont feel the standard exhaust does the engine justice, i have looked at ac schitzner does anyone have any other alternatives to these?

·
Registered
162 Posts
how much did this cost you? is it just catback?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replys guy's ive found a local company called blue flame exhaust's who think they can help me out so going to see what they have to offer.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks for the replys guy's ive found a local company called blue flame exhaust's who think they can help me out so going to see what they have to offer.
keep me posted on how you get on as i might be interested too - only in manchester you see.

·
Banned
1,871 Posts
If that's the same lot who make motorcycle exhausts, they have a good reputation and almost certainly will get you the sound you want!!

Do keep us posted please.........

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes its the same lot who do the motorbike exhausts, i will keep you posted but have had to delay purchase as gearboxproblem on the misses car which needs sorting first.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Blueflame are huge in the VAG clubs and ive always heard good things about them so good luck

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
update for this thread looks like it will be a trip down to MIJ in walsall for the exhaust as blue flame quoted me £600 - £700 and MIJ quoted £355 and even i cant use £200 of fuel to walsall and back so its a no brainer.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Are you going for single or twin pipes? quiet, mid or full sport sound?
Let us know your experience and results as I know a few members are also considering MIJ :thumbsup

Plus pics!!!

·
Banned
1,871 Posts
There's a whole mini-meet heading for MIJ - two members going there tomorrow maybe, one being an E64 owner!!

Mid-sport or full-sport?........tough question!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
im thinking of twin pipes, going for the mid-sport full sprot might wake the police up on my midnight runs home from angelsey

·
Banned
1,871 Posts
im thinking of twin pipes, going for the mid-sport full sprot might wake the police up on my midnight runs home from angelsey
Good choice - I went for mid and it's 'enough'. Lots of choice for tips - but they do charge extra!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
We should be asking for a forum discount as I'll be visiting them soon also!
Can't decide between twin or single pipes.
Personal choice but honestly like the OEM look, but also liked the twin 645 that passed me the other day (didn't get chance to ask him what they were)

Does mid sport give you a nice low rumble at tick over? Don't want anything OTT but a low rumble then roar when your right foot is planted.;)

Anybody notice anything different on performance or mpg?

I'm getting mine tested on a RR as standard, then after the remap, then again after the exhaust. ;)

·
Banned
1,871 Posts
Personal choice but honestly like the OEM look, but also liked the twin 645 that passed me the other day (didn't get chance to ask him what they were)

Does mid sport give you a nice low rumble at tick over? Don't want anything OTT but a low rumble then roar when your right foot is planted.;)

I'm getting mine tested on a RR as standard, then after the remap, then again after the exhaust. ;)
Since I've introduced potentially 5 others installs they owe me!!

Mid effectively sounds like a 70's US muscle car - burble at tickover, rumble in normal use and a 'roar' at full load - great in tunnels and multi-story car parks!

I didn't really see any appreciable MPG or performance difference - it does 'feel' quicker but I reckon that's the sound kidding my brain and that it makes me use the throttle more!!

MIJ do a standard tip - it's a tiny bit bigger than OEM, but fills the cut out better IMO

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

check out chambo's link second post on this thread for an idea on noise levels. not exspecting any improvemnt on mpg

·
Platinum BFuk Member
230 Posts
mpg's ?
probably lower, purely down to the fact my foot is always buried to hear the v8 tune's

get neal to post a noise vid of his to get an idea between the 2 as both done at mij .... although i asked for mid sport the same as his, i do think they cocked it up and put full sport on. ( i do secretly love it though, especially when using the gears to slow down, nice bubbling/rumble that turns heads) and lets be fair thats what we are after here :thumbsup:thumbsup

get ya vid cam out mate . time for a noise check

·
Platinum BFuk Member
760 Posts
1 - 20 of 35 Posts