BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
It's quite possible your drain exit points might be behind the wheel arch liners on each side - unfortunately I just don't know (I did actually check realoem for the E63 but it's no help on this one). Anyway, I'm hoping the above might at least help check the easier option first as getting behind the wheel arch liner is a bit of a faff.
Yeah watching Timm's videos I might struggle with getting behind the liners, having no garage, ramps or axle stands!

·
Registered
28 Posts
So...no joy 😫. I've not been able to locate any sunroof drain exit points beneath the car, either behind the front or rear arches so I took to checking behind the A pillar trims. Guess what, no drain tubes there!! All I could see was the airbag which ran the length of the pillar down to the base of the pillar but no pipes (here's a pic of what's in the pillar, identical on both sides).
20201121_125713.jpg

I wonder if the drain tubes run rearwards somewhere and if the exit points are hidden within the arch liners. If I had hair I'd be tearing it out!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Same on both sides..! So a metal tube seems to drop out from the white fabric section down to the pillar base into a thicker metal tube
20201121_215624.jpg

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Weird!! Apologies in order for for the incorrect steer by the looks of it.

Only other thing I can think of it to open the roof and look to see where the drains are - I would expect one in each of the front two corners. You could try putting strimmer wire down them and see if you can get it to come out somewhere.

·
Registered
28 Posts
No apology required, I'm grateful for your advice regardless! Its nice to know this community exists. I've considered that prob but my sunroof is a tilt only so there's absolutely zero option of even seeing any drain holes. Not really sure where to go from here unfortunately. Needless to say its consuming all of my patience and spoiling the enjoyment my car which I've only had since July!

41 - 50 of 50 Posts