BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello All

I've recently bought a 645ci and was driving it last night and was finding it difficult to see the speedo and other needles.
I checked out a few clips on youtube and saw that all the other 645ci have orange lit dials and orange needles...mine it white and the needle is not illuminated. Is this normal? :confused

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think so...it looks like it was meant to be like that! So should the ring around dials be orange or white?
From the videos I've seen everything shoudl be orange...but in mine the rings are white.
Thats what might be making it difficult for the orange needle to be bright enough.
It looks great, but it does make it difficult to see the needles.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK...Just had another look on youtube and it appears that the previous owner has put the insturment lights from an M6 in - which explains the white rings.
However, it doesn't explain why the needs dont' light up!
I think I'll have to look into this myself.

·
Registered
206 Posts
well the dials on my 645Ci are orange as are pretty much all bmws

·
Banned
1,871 Posts
well the dials on my 645Ci are orange as are pretty much all bmws
Ditto - but I have seen (on E-Bay I think) some cheap after-market dial kits in different colours which require the needle to be recoloured using a Sharpie!! Maybe the previous owner has tried summat like this, although it doesn't explain why the needle isn't lit at all.

It need to come off/out to know for sure!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The needle IS lit, but because its orange and the rest of the dials are white - it just doesnt' show as clearly as it should do it everything were orange and black.
Its actually a very nice installation and I thought it was original...
Not sure its worth taking the dash apart to sort out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts