BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The cars rear electric window heater does'nt work and today the rear window opening part of the rear door also stopped working, I have checked all fuses these are all sound help required!
PS The central locking has also stopped working

Regards

Davy P

·
Registered
13 Posts
Whilst I've been browsing the forum as a non member I have noticed there seem to be alot of mentions to broken wires in the boot lid. It appears there is a part of the loom that runs from the vehicle into the boot lid where the wires are prone to breaking:confused

I would've thought that your car is too new to suffer with this but it's worth a look because many mention faults with the central locking :thumbsup

Reactions: davyp

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
davyp,E61 Central Locking Problem etc

:thumbsupThanks! Yes your both quite right the main brown wire was completly broken going to the ariel diversity unit this was repaired and the glass window hatch now operates also the small optical wire whichs attaches also to the Ariel Diversity Units had become detached thus no Central Locking any Ideas to reconnect this to its connector would be helpful

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
:thumbsupThanks! Yes your both quite right the main brown wire was completly broken going to the ariel diversity unit this was repaired and the glass window hatch now operates also the small optical wire whichs attaches also to the Ariel Diversity Units had become detached thus no Central Locking any Ideas to reconnect this to its connector would be helpful
I would imagine if it an optical wire and cannot be soldered then it would be a replacement job. An auto-electrician should be able to advise further regarding this matter:thumbsup

Please keep us updated;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got it Sorted

Just to keep every one up to date, I got an auto electrician to fit a new connector to the Ariel Diversification unit it was not as I thought an optical cable but a very fine coaxial cable, no matter he re made the faulty connection with a new of the shelf connector this has sorted out all my problems. But as luck would have it I got him to run a Key test on my Central Locking remote and of course this is not working so I am of to the BMW Dealer tomorrow morning to order up a new Key as my spare is also faulty! It seems its true crap happens in Threes.
But once again I would like to thank all of you who left me advice on these problems

Regards
Davy P

Life is for Living !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and thats the Truth !

·
Registered
9 Posts
E61 central locking problem

Hi - saw this thread and think it might be relevant to me. Central locking has just suddenly stopped working; both keys have no effect. Looks like I need to check the wiring - where EXACTLY is the aerial diversity unit on the E61?

Thanks, in advance

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wow!

No idea where it is - looks like its buried inside the metal work. As I think I read elsewhere, looks like a very big job. Am I in the wrong place? There does not seem to be any simple way of removing the third brake like either.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.