BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the moment i am getting 27mpg and decent power output and good torque but just wondering if someone has had there 530d remapped and if it was worth it?

Cheers :thumbsup

·
Registered
97 Posts
27mpg sounds very low, do you drive like your heads on fire?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:hihi

It dont really bother me as i put my fuel through the company. If i am honest i am a little heavy footed sometimes. It does have run flats too which i was told makes the mpg lower???

What do you think i should be getting?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Im about to get a remap done by end tune, so ill let you know how i get on. I decided on a remap rather than a tuning box like DTUK, for the reasons layed out very clearly on http://www.endtuning.com/

Have a look and make up your own mind.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Oh and what's more, end tuning is a forum authorised vendor.

Happy days

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Jimmy - if you driving just around town and planting your right foot then your mpg is fine. If you doing a mixture of driving then it's low. Get into the hidden menu and check your coolant temp - it may well be anything between 60-80C which is way too low and indicates either your egr thermostat or main thermostat are not working correctly.

i get 30mpg around town and 40+ on the motorway depending on average speed

·
Registered
640 Posts
At the moment i am getting 27mpg and decent power output and good torque but just wondering if someone has had there 530d remapped and if it was worth it?

Cheers :thumbsup
Hi Jimmy, as you're not too far away from myself in Kent, why don't you give me a call on 07738236577 and we'll have a chat about remaps.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just to reiterate, that does sound incredibly low. I'm just selling my E60 530d and I was always averaging more than 40mpg. I'm getting 27 from a 630i now (with the older less efficient engine). Sounds as if something is seriously wrong. Suggest you get that fixed / identified before the remap (which souds a good idea too).

·
Registered
640 Posts
Thanks i will give you a call this afternoon
You was probably to busy today to call me but anytime you're ready. And i can do a diagnoistic for you. Might be worth checking the oil breather as they can get clogged which will affect mpg. Also Egr might need cleaning.

·
Registered
155 Posts
LOL 27MPG from a derv? that's terrible buddy, I got a 2.8 three series and I average 24MPG and I don't drive lightly!

good luck on getting it fixed!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts