BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again

Just wanted to see if anybody knows the "correct" acceleration times for my car. Its the 160 KW (218 BHP) version

In 4th gear I have measured the 80 to 120 kph time at 4.8 seconds on a flat road and of course with engine at normal temperature.

Is this OK ?

Thanks

digby

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
i'll have a go when i go out later and let you know

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

look forward to hearing from you

I started accelerating around 70 kph so as to have full boost when i reached 80 - then just kept foot on the floor until 120

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi 530kam

did you manage to check your acceleration or did you go off the road watching your iphone stopwatch ????

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I did it with a mental count from 50 mph to 75mph in 4th gear (auto) in 4.5 seconds, so i think your car is just dandy!!

don't you just leaving everyone behind!!!! lol

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You bet.... !

Nice to keep a check on performance though

Next time I buy a new car I think I will make a sound recording so I can make regular comparisons and thereby detect problems.....

Should also do the same with acceleration times - take a film of the speedo - can then reconstruct exact times under different road conditions. Did this with fuel consumption - measured with on board computer over a certain piece of road with car running at 90 kph with cruise control - allowed me to confirm that I had a problem when my thermostat was shot.

Does anybody know if BMW use engine sound analysis to detect faults & failures ??

·
Registered
238 Posts
A test i do with the last 3 cars is
1 GPS speed of 60mph
2 when you hit the 1 mile to exit sign boot it (in 5th) with this car i had to use M and dint use kick down to keep hold of 5th.
3 when you get to the 1/2 mile sign look at your GPS (tomtom) speed

This was on one of them track type roads, you no what i mean. Normaly called privert road, that some king dude placed some 1 mile and 1/2 markers at.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Just found this browsing on the iPhone clicky thingi don't no how good it is, I have one not to dissimilar on the laptop.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
In my experience (just of my local dealer mind) they use the laptop method. i.e. "The laptop say it ok, is nothing wrong!"

Bring it on sunshine :cool ;)
My 1.8 Ford Focus would eat you for breakfast! (joke!!!)

·
Registered
238 Posts
any body want to try my post 9, and report back.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts