BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I am looking to install a Pioneer head unit in place of the OEM cassette player.

In order to do that, I need to fit in a facia panel before inserting the Pioneer head unit as the OEM head unit is longer than the after market stuff.

So far I have found the following facia panel:

http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/view_p...?partno=FP0604

The reservation about this I have is that it will push the Pioneer unit to one side rather than the centre.

However, a while ago I have also seen in one of my friend's friend's E46 3 series an OEM facia panel that centralises the aftermarket head unit.

But yesterday when I asked at the dealers the guy said that they dont do such stuff.

I have tried tracking down that guy again but have had any luck!! so annoying.

Does anyone else know of what I am on about? If yes i would be grateful for the part number.

thanks chaps.

·
Registered
788 Posts
i have checked with 8 different audio dealers and they all sell the type where the stereo is fitted to the left, i dont drive a e46 so i cant say why this is all i can think is that the original stereo is also shaped like this behind the facia, which would mean that there is something behind the facia so you cant centralise the stereo,forgive me if im wrong that is just my opinion.

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
One thing I noticed is if the stereo is over to the right and you sit quite far forward(shorties :hihi) then the steering wheel gets in the way when driving and you need to peer at the stereo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts