BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

2004 E46 head unit facia & ashtray section

896 views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  GuyK 
#1 ·
Can anyone point me in the right direction for replacement facia’s.

I’m interested in doing a double din replacement and I’ve been looking around for the ashtray section which will now hold the thermostat controls but i can only find stupidly priced ones, other models can be replaced for around £60 but the one I need I can only find for around £190 on eBay.

Please someone tell me I’m missing something or I’m going to be stuck with a cassette deck and 6 disk changer as I’m not interested in single din replacements I want something to look like it belongs

#3 ·
Is it as simple as moving the heater controls? I thought that there wasn't space for a proper double dinn unit in terms of depth and that to fit one you had to modify the heater ducting. I looked into this with my last E46 that had a factory SatNav. There were other options at the time but they didn't appear to be great.

#5 ·
That link shows exactly what I want to do there’s also a couple of very good videos on YouTube, your right in as much as a full sq double doesn’t fit but there are shallow ones and even a few including Sony that make a shaped head unit which will fit direct without cutting anything about.

This is a project I’m defo going to look more at with all these android head units around it will be a great upgrade just a shame this one part I think is out priced

#11 ·
Just had a quick poke around on google and found it in Halfords

http://www.halfords.com/technology/car-audio/apple-carplay/sony-xav-ax100-6-4-car-stereo-with-apple-carplay-android-auto?rmsrc=1&cm_mmc=&_$ja=tsid:35582%7Ccid:70627549%7Cagid:49592759467%7Ctid:kwd-296679679848%7Ccrid:224804471518%7Cnw:g%7Crnd:15588126404842066389%7Cdvc:m%7Cadp:1t1%7Cmt:e%7Cloc:1006483&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9euwpZWz2wIV7JztCh0QgAsHEAAYASAAEgL87vD_BwE

But here’s the Sony official jazz

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/in-car-receivers-players/xav-ax100

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.