BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi anyone confirm p/n 11127799366 the right one for 330d 2004.
Also is this just the internal filter or the kit?

I believe my vehicle has the Vortex one already fitted, just doing a service so thought to change the internals.

Thank You.

·
Registered
7,043 Posts

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
I was under the impression that these were maintenance free?
A clean out would be as good as a new one.
Me too on inspection of mine, there is however a round rubber diafram (spelling :confused) in the round part of the housing that could split perhaps and cause problems?

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
I was under the impression that these were maintenance free?
A clean out would be as good as a new one.
Me too on inspection of mine, there is however a round rubber diafram (spelling :confused) in the round part of the housing that could split perhaps and cause problems?
Mixed bag of advice, TIS states change every 3rd oil change, @BMW SIA intervals, and some advise clean and replace.

With this conflicting advice I'd opt for replacement, perhaps NealP or shaft69 could confirm which is correct procedure ??? :thumbsup

·
Registered
8,981 Posts
Mixed bag of advice, TIS states change every 3rd oil change, @BMW SIA intervals, and some advise clean and replace.

With this conflicting advice I'd opt for replacement, perhaps NealP or could confirm which is correct procedure ??? :thumbsup

Does that take into account the change to a vortex type, or would that be primarily concerned with foam oil traps.
I forgot about the diaphram, it'll be a similar system to the M52's cyclone valve. They last a lot longer, but then again, a 328 hasn't got a turbo to blow, they just get smokey on the over-run.

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
Does that take into account the change to a vortex type, or would that be primarily concerned with foam oil traps.
I forgot about the diaphram, it'll be a similar system to the M52's cyclone valve. They last a lot longer, but then again, a 328 hasn't got a turbo to blow, they just get smokey on the over-run.
Yes as the TIS info was taken from a disc dated 03/2007 but that practice obviously could have been superseded ? :thumbsup

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the clarification, have ordered one from Hereford BMW all for £21 delivered :cool Now to get the swirl flap blanks sorted along with a service ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts