BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All

my car is leaking washer fluid from the offside front. Looking in the engine bay i cannot see any signs that this is coming from the washer fluid bottle.

has anyone got any pictures of diagrams of the pipework as i think i have a slightly loose pipe somewhere ( the leak is dripping not gushing ).

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah yes I do. Forgot mention that , sorry.

All appears to be well when I use them.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Indeed , that's why I'm looking for a diagram , so I can fix it. I don't have access to a ramp so the more information I can get up front the better.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice one. Had a look on real oem and couldn't find the diagram.

I reckon it's leaking from part 3.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Really ? Ouch , I was hoping to get away without that.

Need to find a cheap garage then.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just about where I expect part 3 to be. I think the offside headlamp washer got a bit stuck , and the pressure forced the pipe off a bit , hence the dripping. I am not losing a lot of fluid just don't like walking towards my car and seeing a wet floor.

Baring in mind the smily radiator problem these things suffer from.

·
Super Moderator
12,946 Posts
might be worth checking ya headlight nozzle and actuator aint leaking they are notorious if you go to the how to section there is a how to by me for repairing the nozzle and gaining access to the nozzle etc without removing anything..

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem today full tank of fresh washer fluid all over the car park. I had a look at the tank and found that fluid was leaking from one of the pumps, took the pump out and pulled the pump apart. I found that the seal around the motor shaft was leaking I put some PTFE tape on the shaft and some more on the outside of the seal. Leak has now stopped and saved me £15 on buying a new pump just for a cr*p seal.:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts