BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I was told that BMW will program your car to do various things like auto locking the door, turning mirrors on lock etc. I have a few questions on this topic that someone might be able to shed some light on...

1. How much does BMW charge?
2. What is the process/tool they use called if so has anyone got a rough
price?
3. Is it possible to get this myself and program what i like when I like?
4. Were can I get the full list of the options available?
5. Does it alter the alarm as well?

I tried searching for information, but all that I could find was about programing a new key which is not what I was after.

Also I think my alarm is WAY too quiet, I set it off by accident today and it took me a while to work out that it was coming form my car and what the annoying little squeak was (My ipod makes noises louder than that!) is it possible to change the siren so it is more noticeable? after being a victim of car crime Im trying to avaoid a repeat incident..

Thanks all & hope your enjoying the weather :thumbsup

·
Registered
211 Posts
Its known as car / key memory and there are various settings that a dealer or an independent in possession of the key programmer can program for you.

Iv heard that they charge around £30 for up to 3 settings…but prices can vary among dealers.

I am not sure where you could get this tool from and what it involves to set up and what type of computer software you will need for it.
The dealer is able to print out your cars full list of options and show you which ones are enabled.

I don’t think that they can change the volume level of the siren. They can make it bleep on activation/deactivation and also make the lights flash too.
I don’t see why you cant change the siren for a louder one and integrate it into the stock system.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks ARUN SHU :D. The name helped me find more info.

If your interested in the options available check out the .xls sheet attached, there is a lot of options available..

The computer used is called a MODIC (I,II or III) or a GT1 (newer version) and the cheapest I've found a GT1 is about £1800 which for just a few changes is no way near worth the money...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Modic is the older generation computer and will usually be found at independents. Dealers use GT1 for DIS,TIS and SSS programming...might be worth calling some independents as they will be cheaper than the dealers :thumbsup

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.