BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i've got a 330 ci convertible 04 plate m sport. i've had it for about 3 months but i've had a few issues, hopefully someone out there can help me out abit.

1. When i accelerate there's sometimes a whistling noise and i'm not sure where it's coming from

2. the brake pad light came up the other week. I've changed the pad's i haven't touched the sensors, discs or the brake fluid. I tried the whole keep the keep in the ignition for 5 minutes and the light doesn't go. Just wondering what i should do from here, also if i do need to change the sensor's where about's do i get them from and if i need to change the brake fluid does anyone have a decent guide in how to do it.

3. I was looking at putting in a tv into the car but i want the bmw one so it looks standard. Is it an easy job or would it take alot of work to get it going?

4. finally i was looking a get a full body re spray. At the moment the car's black and i want to keep it that way but i thought a few new layers of paint would make it look even better. just wondering how much people would estimate it'll cost

thanks in advance

·
Legendary BFuk Member +1
1,138 Posts
how you doin m8....the wistln noise may be wheel bearings...brake sensors you may get frm gsf...not sure about the tv...a good quality re-spray..(same colour)could cum in around 2grand...obviously places will differ..ask a few reputable bodyshops for a guide.:thumbsup

·
Registered
566 Posts
I was quoted 1800-2000 from pretty good bodyshops, to change the colour on my other car. Even had one guy who paid 1000 to have the colour changed, but that place left a couple of tiny overspray marks. so as a guide, u'll be lookin at around 1500 to keep it same colour, from a place that'll do the job right, as i know of a few people who've had resprays for around that much from different bodyshops. But obviously like gap has said, it will vary, so i presume it can be upto and around 2grand.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Hi, i've got a 330 ci convertible 04 plate m sport. i've had it for about 3 months but i've had a few issues, hopefully someone out there can help me out abit.

1. When i accelerate there's sometimes a whistling noise and i'm not sure where it's coming from I get that I think it's the wing mirror casings

2. the brake pad light came up the other week. I've changed the pad's i haven't touched the sensors, discs or the brake fluid. I tried the whole keep the keep in the ignition for 5 minutes and the light doesn't go. Just wondering what i should do from here, also if i do need to change the sensor's where about's do i get them from and if i need to change the brake fluid does anyone have a decent guide in how to do it. Your sensors require changing pretty much with every pad change, Euro or GSF do them (or even BMW!! :rofl) seem to remember about 9-13 quid but that was some time ago for an E39, I have yet to change the pads on my 01 330 :) Frugal to the last.... I'd get a haines manual and use that they are fairly reliable :)

3. I was looking at putting in a tv into the car but i want the bmw one so it looks standard. Is it an easy job or would it take alot of work to get it going? I have the TV, and it is a whole different fascia, I would say lots of work if not originally finished, but then again I'm sure it will have been done somewhere, probably better off getting one of the retractable ones in a head unit and an adaptor plate then just reinstate the old one when you come to sell it.

4. finally i was looking a get a full body re spray. At the moment the car's black and i want to keep it that way but i thought a few new layers of paint would make it look even better. just wondering how much people would estimate it'll cost For a proper respray (a good one removing everything, doors windows rubbers etc.) probably 2k +++, anything less and picky people will spot it if you come to sell the car, ie. lines around windows inside doors etc. etc. just get a professional valet company to correct your paint and go from there, you may only need bonnet and wings doing

thanks in advance
Hope this helps mate.

Tom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.