BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, My 325xi has a console unit with GPS, radio and CD player, this has become jammed with the elevating screen in an open position. This occurred when a CD was pushed in when a CD was already in place! but very little force was used. The CD player will not now accept a CD, there is an error message "NO CD", the radio plays as normal, frequencies can be seen and changed on screen. If anyone can advise me I should be most grateful, Thanks, Are
Follow up:-
Outside a supermarket in the rain waiting forever, ripped off the dash trim surrounding the radio. The thing was staring at me with its tongue(screen) hanging out. The mode would not change, the radio played, discs would not retract fully, but kept moving slightly with internal whirrings of servos. Then it hit me If two discs being jammed in had caused the lockup, then perhaps two discs being jammed in again would restore the unit to is proper functionality! Bat shit crazy! but whats to lose, and it worked! Bit by bit with careful proding and poking changing the angle of the disc, the actions returned. The player is back to normal in every way. Perhaps this would help some one if their radio unit malfunctioned after being loaded with two discs. Are

1 - 1 of 1 Posts