BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to refurb my alloys soon ready for the summer..

This isn't my preference but I can't afford a set of BBS RS-GT reps until next year so no other option (leaving them boring silver is not an option! :lol)

Now my first thought was to spray them white.. then I thought maybe go for something a bit "different"..

Bright green has also crossed my mind... With the car being black I think most colours would go well with the body of the car but...

Is it acceptable to have bright green wheels??? :lol

Someone (BEN?!) could help me out here with some photoshop wizardry!! :thumbsup

Not the best picture for photoshopping I know....

Reactions: Bigbenstrikes

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Green? No way imo.. It'll look like you're trying too hard. Wait til you get the new wheels. If you had some mad splits with plenty of dish then bright centres would look quite groovy though. Just my opinion though, your car and you can do what you like. It would stand out and you couldn't be accused of following the crowd! :)

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
shadow chrome is so boring though.. might aswell just go anthracite like everyone else... they'd look good I suppose but it's just a bit yawn..

You see a lot of brightly coloured wheels in the VAG scene and they normally look great.. admittedly as Stu mentioned they are normally deep dish rims...

I'm just thinking normally BMWs are quite reserved and would be nice to try something different... Maybe not though :lol

·
Registered
851 Posts
Agree with Stu I'm afraid :frown

Major dish, major concave or Rota's look good bright and in your face but M Sports? Nahhh.

I do feel your pain with craving doing something wild though :hihi.

Having said all of the above though, furb them yourself and then if you really hate it just get some paint stripper and start again :thumbsup

Reactions: baderlfc

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I know what your saying.. I'll be doing them myself regardless, pretty handy with a rattle can :hihi

Still considering high gloss alpine white, be a b*tch toclean though lol!

May end up just saving my money and waiting to get the wheels I want!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts