BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Removing Interior Dash Trim.

I have a 320d M-Sport with the carbon fibre type interior dash and door trim. The price above the glove box and stereo seems to be loose. Not sure why.

Marked as "1" here; http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=BN51&mospid=47620&btnr=51_4289&hg=51&fg=95

I'd like to remove it and refit it. But would ideally like to know what it looks like from behind and how to remove it. No doubt these are expensive from BMW to would like to .

Is there a how to guide available anywhere?

·
Registered
16 Posts
From what I've seen on some of the ICE posts, the trim panel is secured with simple push-in fixings. I believe (although I've not tried) that you can remove these sections (carefully!) with the use of a plastic screwdriver type tool (a metal one might mark the trim).

If yours are loose it may be possible to take them off and put some silicone sealant behind them, to give a more secure fit? Just a thought.

Out of curiosity (and apologies for minor thread hijack), does anyone know where you can buy replacement or alternative trim styles? Like carbon, aluminium, or wood?

Nik

·
Registered
199 Posts
Removing Interior Dash Trim.

I have a 320d M-Sport with the carbon fibre type interior dash and door trim. The price above the glove box and stereo seems to be loose. Not sure why.

Marked as "1" here; http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=BN51&mospid=47620&btnr=51_4289&hg=51&fg=95

I'd like to remove it and refit it. But would ideally like to know what it looks like from behind and how to remove it. No doubt these are expensive from BMW to would like to .

Is there a how to guide available anywhere?

I had had mine off a few times now for various reasons. The best tool I find to use is a large 2" wide scraper. If you use a screwdriver, the surface area seems to be too small and it will begin to dig into your trim.

To remove it, you need to start at the glovebox side. Open your passenger door, then insert the scraper about 1-2" along the bottom of the trim. Gradually begin to prise off the trim, slowly working your way along towards the stereo. Once this piece has been removed, it is possible to remove the piece above the stereo.

Hope this helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts