BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
This is a sport.....(unless the lower front end and wheels were upgraded) I think "sport" and "M Sport" were just names given to sport models pre and post facelift....so after the e46 facelift Sep 2003, they were being called M Sport. Not sure if that applys to the saloons, as it does to the coupes and convertibles, but id imagine so.

Im sure that this model did not have chrome instrument rings as standard?

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is a sport.....(unless the lower front end and wheels were upgraded) I think "sport" and "M Sport" were just names given to sport models pre and post facelift....so after the e46 facelift Sep 2003, they were being called M Sport. Not sure if that applys to the saloons, as it does to the coupes and convertibles, but id imagine so.

Im sure that this model did not have chrome instrument rings as standard?
Yes mate, M Sport applies to saloons as well :thumbsup. The newer sports models do have the chrome trim around the guages.

·
Registered
163 Posts
It has the sports seats, S/wheel and gearknob too so looks like it is a sport even though it says SE

·
Registered
163 Posts
Sometimes some people don't know what they are selling :sarcastic...:hihi
Should be able to get a bargain then ;) :hihi

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So this one is priced pretty relistically?

Or would you expect to pay a bit less?

http://www.burleighmotorcompany.co.uk/GetDealer.do?did=25907&pageid=1

Just on another M Sport questions....
Are there the cars that need to be worked on by an expensive M trained mechanic?

Also what tyres do these take?
Width
Size
Speed rating

Are they: 225 / 45 r17 w 91 ???

I'm trying to get some figures together to convince my wife that an M Sport is the one for us? Might have to settle to a SE though =)

Cheers

·
Registered
11 Posts
So this one is priced pretty relistically?

Or would you expect to pay a bit less?

http://www.burleighmotorcompany.co.uk/GetDealer.do?did=25907&pageid=1

Just on another M Sport questions....
Are there the cars that need to be worked on by an expensive M trained mechanic?

Also what tyres do these take?
Width
Size
Speed rating

I'm trying to get some figures together to convince my wife that an M Sport is the one for us? Might have to settle to a SE though =)

Cheers
I would pay about £6500 for that.
Tyre size front are 225/40/18 and rears are 255/35/18...usually V, W,Y or Z rated

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks,

Looks like tyres are £100 - £150 depending on grade from Etyres.

Wow you'd only pay £6,500 for that?

Any idea where I'd get one for this sort of cash then? I can't see that dealer accepting this sort of money can you? Is it worth paying him more for this car?

Does it need to be worked on by an 'M qualified mechanic'?

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks,

Wow you'd only pay £6,500 for that?

Any idea where I'd get one for this sort of cash then? I can't see that dealer accepting this sort of money can you? Is it worth paying him more for this car?

Thanks
BMW dealers are a good place to get the car because you are safeguarded then. It would have had an HPI check and would have gone through their own wear and tear check, with parts being replaced including tyres if they were below their 3mm minimum. They usually price the cars higher because of the 12 month built in warranty as a used approved. For the price I quoted, that would be a private sale, but everything else is up to you to do. The car does not have an M engine, so can be worked on by a standard mechanic. Anyway, throw the offer at that particular dealer...see what he says :thumbsup.

·
Registered
211 Posts
The newer sports models do have the chrome trim around the guages.
Yea, only the Cd's got jibbed on the chrome rings.....no idea why BMW did that.
I have to open up my cluster to fit some snap in rings. :hihi

Thanks,

Thanks

Have a look at http://www.mytyres.co.uk
They have always been cheaper for my own tyres, fitted (if they have a garage near you).

An "M Engine" would be an M3, M5 etc....as "M Sport" denotes a styling package, any mech can work on it as Neal said :thumbsup

·
Registered
11 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'll find out the warranty from that bloke.

Do you know anywhere that will offer a warranty on one of these if I bought something from an auction?

I guess if I bought something with over 100K on the clock then it's a risk and it's worth chucking a warranty on it for a year or two. Just to make sure that if I drive it away from an auction and something goes wrong it's covered?

It looks like tesco warranties are only available for less than 100k mile cars?

Is it worth buying something cheap that...'looks good' and applying the warranty to it in order to cover any essential repairs that could come up?

Cheers

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So a warranty would cover this repair? If I was to 30 miles away from the the place I bought it from and it went?

Are there repairs/servicing indication I can ask the dealer to indicate whether the turbo is in good condition/well looked after?

·
Registered
11 Posts
So a warranty would cover this repair? If I was to 30 miles away from the the place I bought it from and it went?
If you get the warranty, it should be covered as long as you inform them first before letting a garage to do the repair and then telling them.

Are there repairs/servicing indication I can ask the dealer to indicate whether the turbo is in good condition/well looked after?
That my friend, will depend on how you ask these questions. Particular one being history of repairs carried out on the car, etc.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.