BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year I kerbed one of my alloys avoiding a white van on a mini roundabout. It is a 16" and I believe it might be a 136. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to buy a replacement new one and if so where and what kind of price. I have looked on ebay and there are a couple of used ones there but one is pick up only in south of England and I stay in Perthshire. The other can be delivered but with no tyre on it they are looking for £124 plus delivery which I thought was a bit steep although I don't know how much they would be new. Any suggestions

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
A new wheel on its own would be about £200 from BMW (hurts, doesn't it) :-( The part number is 36116762299.

I think it would be cheaper to have your wheel refurbed - costs about £50/wheel from reputable places :thumbsup

·
Registered
49 Posts
That's true, might be cheaper to refurb! A friend recently bought an alloy wheel from eBay and got it couriered next day for only £14.99, he was well happy..could find out and let you know who he used if you want pal?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alloys

Thanks for info. Unfortunately existing alloy has quite a bad gouge on the rim but will be ok for a spare as it balanced ok when new tyre put on and would prefer to replace that one and get the others refurbed. Re the price if a new one is around £200 the guy on ebay is having a laugh putting a used one on at £124 buy it now price but it does have a bit below that says offers maybe I should chance my luck and offer £50!!.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
hell yeah!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
I would chance it, just search BMW 16 and restrict the value to £100 that should help narrow it down, be patient as while its not there today might be in a few days, also call a few BMW Salvage yards?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts