BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at replacing the engine and transmission mounts and wondered if anyone has recommendations on the make, and if anyone also knows who the OEM is? The American forums appear to indicate that Corteco are the OEM.

Corteco, Meyle, Lemforder and Febi appear to be readily available. I was airing towards Lemforder but the RH engine mount appears to be difficult to source and is listed as 'no longer supplied by the manufacturer' on the Lemforder site.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I have used all these brands.

Corteco make good seals.
Meyle famous by commercials (chinese crap).
Febi okay! ( most of time same brand as OEM with Febi lable). Some are parts fitment issues.
Lemforder yes OEM for most parts.

So i would choose Febi or Lemforder then you know for sure.
I prefer parts made In Europe :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also understand the OEM ones are oil filled, I'm keen to know who the OEM is. I don't think it is Lemforder for the engine mounts, unless they have ceased manufacturing the RH engine mount for cars with manual transmission.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Too bad I didn't look at brand last time when changing those mounts.
Yes oil filled.

If Lemforder not available, then choose Corteco.

Well the parts you have mentioned are okay, except Meyle.....

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Too bad I didn't look at brand last time when changing those mounts.
Yes oil filled.

If Lemforder not available, then choose Corteco.

Well the parts you have mentioned are okay, except Meyle.....
I was thinking Corteco. Sounds like you have had bad experiences with Meyle, what issues have you had? I've had a few of their products and they have been ok for me.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I have been using their HD parts worn out in short time. Box only say designed in Germany..... Also very high priced.

Febi parts are better most of them are same brand as OEM or made in Germany and better priced.

Last time I broke a Lemforder anti roll bar during overhaul. So in a hurry heading local shop who is selling Meyle.
Bought for temporally fix, quality finish very crap. I have removed rubber of curiosity compare to Lemforder what a day night comparison.... also even price ( higher)😧

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have been using their HD parts worn out in short time. Box only say designed in Germany..... Also very high priced.

Febi parts are better most of them are same brand as OEM or made in Germany and better priced.

Last time I broke a Lemforder anti roll bar during overhaul. So in a hurry heading local shop who is selling Meyle.
Bought for temporally fix, quality finish very crap. I have removed rubber of curiosity compare to Lemforder what a day night comparison.... also even price ( higher)😧
Did you get the parts from a reputable supplier? I've had rear suspension top mounts, rear brake discs and pads, front control arm bushes and front anti roll bar links and not had a problem with any of them. The rear shock mounts resulted in a knock when I fitted then so I swapped them for Lemforder but I then found the rear shocks were knackered which was likely the cause of the knock.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've taken my chances and gone for Meyle engine and transmission mounts. I was going to go Lemforder but I couldn't find the RH mount anywhere, likewise with the Corteco.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts