BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, this is my first post :)

Anyway, I have searched around a bit, and couldn't find any info on this, so, my question is, will the rear axle from a 2003 M3 fit into my 2004 320D?

Thanks

·
Registered
282 Posts
wont a e36 lsd fit ....it would be cheeper second hand ........but i still cant see the point you will be killing dual mass flywheels, wont last 5 min !!!

·
Registered
282 Posts
unless you can get a solid flywheel kit .....do anyone do them yet ????

·
Premium Member
4,132 Posts
Diesel drifter?

Waste of money IMO :thumbsup
Do diesel and drifter go in the same sentence :hihi:hihi

Unless the OP has got one already, we are not talking pennies!

Would like to hear if he goes ahead tho.......:thumbsup

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He guys, thanks for the thoughts, it was just an idea, so the LSD from an E36 would fit? Does that mean I would have to change the rear axle still? Sorry for all the questions, they might sound stupid lol.

And upgrading the fly wheel would be a must?

·
Super Moderator
12,946 Posts
ide be more concerned with the turbo and the engine in a drifting sludger some serious heavy duty cooling gear is gonna be needed..

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
so the LSD from an E36 would fit?
It most definitely will not fit. This subject has been covered on this & several other forums over the last 13 years, ever since it was obvious BMW weren't going to fit a LSD to the E46. The E36 diff is physically bigger, and won't fit the E46.
OK, BMW eventually did do a LSD in the M3, but as stated elsewhere, it's a hell of a conversion, not a couple of bolts.
If you really want one (a remapped 320d used in anger would warrant one in my opinion) you need to go aftermarket - quaife or similar.
HTH

1 - 18 of 18 Posts