BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've waited 4 days now for the post man to bring my my new gaget....

CTPPAR007 BMW 3 5 7 Series X5 Parrot Interface kit

I've connected it up and the phone seems to work with the parrot and the radio cuts on/off when making a call.

The only problem is that the steering wheel controls don't seem to be working... is there a way to set them up or calibrate them etc?

I inderstand that the volume keys shuld work along with the R/T button and the speech button.

Any help/ideas?

Cheers

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No idea why but when I first set it all up and plugged it in I heard the message 'you must pair your phone first' when I help down the R/T button on the steering wheel.

Strange! Dunno if this helps?!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I have done.

I've removed and inserted them all one by one but still nothing.

I find it really odd.

Do you know what the little black connector is for that ends up near the blue parrot box but doesn't have anywhere to go?

Cheers

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thansk for that Neal.....

I've solved it...

I stupidly forgot to put on the parrot keypad thing! Doh! I guess I didn't put it on as I was thinking that the steering wheel hook up would replace it... guess what... it doesn't!

It's burst into life now I've connected the black wire (which is what I thought was odd) to the control.

Hey it's a nifty thing now... looks and feels like my cars got the factory built bluetooth on it - and it hasn't! But you'd never no I guess!

Well worth the £55 for the connects2 and the £60 - £70 for the parrot CK3000 evolution kit.

Brilliant!

Thanks for your help Neal - much appreciated!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have been looking at these but I assume Id need the CTPPAR006 for an E60 with IDRIVE http://www.fitbluetooth.co.uk/files/details.php?id=184?

We have the PARROT CK3000 kits fitted into our peugeot pool cars at work and there is no way to dial somebody unless you pick up the phone or set your voice commands. Is this still the same or once its connected into the stereo/idrive will it upload my phone book so i can scan using my steering wheel controls.

Cheers

Phil

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Phil,

Mine doens't upload the phone book but it does...

With my N95 all I have to is press the speech button on my E46 320d and say a name the N95 searches all the phone for the match. It then dials the person for me. The same button does last number re-dial if you hold it and it also switches it from speakers to handset mid call.

I'm not sure what other makes, models of phones do but I would imagine some of them you'd have to pre-record the ones you want as voice dial before you can use the voice dial from address book feature.

You'll see on this PDF the explination of what the buttons do on the E46.... http://www.connects2.com/Instructions/CTPPAR007&008.PDF

I like it as it does the trick and you can't see I've got a parrot fitted... you'd think it was the bluetooth optional extra working.

·
Registered
55 Posts
just got my 530d e60 2003 = does the address book atc come up on the idrive display with the parrot kit installed? if so where is the connection made that sends this data between the parrot kit and the idrive display? if not how do i do this ?any help apreciated i am willing to try things i need this working for my job asap

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.