BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys im new to this forum just need a bit of your help and knowledge i have 54 plate 320d with 83k on the clock which im having problems on cold start the Symptoms are:

1)rev idle going up and down 1 to 750
2)white/grey smoke coming out
3)poor mpg 35-37
4)sometimes when you pull hard it will cut out just for 1 sec then fine again
5)in 4th gear low rev put you foot down smoke pooring out

I'm pretty sure it's not turbo failure, as occasionally the car will pull strongly.

i have also got it remapped a few months back ago and just got it serviced a week ago all filters and breather valve was changed
any ideas?
thanks in advance cheers

·
Registered
5,469 Posts
grey smoke would indicate overfuelling...which point 3 supports
does the idle fluctuate to the same extent when the car is good n hot?
has the egr valve ever been cleaned out?
try the search terms egr and vortex filter ;)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when the car is hot it wont idle i have changed voltex filter just week ago the egr valve i haven't touch that since i have brought the car thanks for the help so far

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
How long have you had the car? Has it just started to do thus in the cold weather? Do the symptoms described go when the engine gets warm?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i had the car since may about 6 months and once the engine is warm idle is gone smoke is there when you floor it from low revs.

and remap when done locally in northamptonshire you sure i dont need a new maf sensor? ill try maf disconnected

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry missed one thing one out yes these problems started when the cold weather came but when i got the remap done the idle wasnt there or start up smoke just only when you floor it the white/grey smoke happen could it be the remap?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
there was no error codes

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeh got it all sorted it was the egr valve which was cloged up but i just bypassed the egr and put redex diesel treatment in two tanks full. the smoke stopped and mpg went up by 2 and no idle at start up

1 - 11 of 11 Posts