BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello people.

Really pi$$ed off now so hope somebody can help.

I ordered THESE the other day. Went to fit them but realised I didnt have bulb holders :frown They came through today so I fitted them..

Kept checking the lights (by just turning the ignition on) at every stage of the installation and they worked fine.

After everything was said and done. I started my car to move it. And this happened :mad (have tried several times now and a similar thing happens)

It appears that once the engine is running the lights begin to warmup and then flicker (approx 20secs) then one goes off shortly followed by the other (this can be a different light each time)

Your help is appreciated...:thumbsup

·
Premium Member
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Exactly what I wanted to say, sometimes words just fail me :hihi

You'll need to connect some error cancelers onto your ballast. Available from ebay :thumbsup
cant you find and send me links pls.

Im just about to go work (actually im late already :eek)

Much appreciated

·
BFuk Moderator
2,680 Posts
Spoke to Seb earlier and he's gone to work .... In his mrs's peagoat so is doubly frustrated!

Thanks for the links Sham, I'll text him that there's an easy solution to cheer him up :thumbsup

·
Registered
248 Posts
I am not absolutly sure, but I think the Can bus versions are modified to prevent bulb warning on the dash. This is done by fitting a resistor across the ballast load.

The flickering and eventual extinguishing of the lights, I think is either a bad connection or fautly ballast or loads.

·
Registered
282 Posts
seams to be playing up with the can bus, its detecting a high current draw and trying to shut that circuit down thinking there is a short by the look of it. you need to be carefull if not you will blow the body computer or lighting ecu what ever bmw wanna call it !!!

·
Registered
153 Posts
guys its the ballast which is the problem here if you buy hids with the slim ballast then you need to buy warning canceller.

if you buy the hid with old style fat, big ballast then you dont need anything like canbus or cancellers they will work without anything.

Reactions: 6891_seb

·
Premium Member
4,132 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
you need to buy canbus by pass done on my its a connection that wil plug in ballast which will allow the canbus to work without dettecting any faults nothing will blow up because as soon as the canbus detects the HID's will switch it self off after 20s, the canbus by pass will cost approx £30 and its plug and play hope this helps

·
Platinum BFuk Member
760 Posts
bloody 'ell Seb, you wanna make a bit of money as an outdoor disco whilst it's busted! :rofl

hope you get it fixed soon though mate :thumbsup

·
Premium Member
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
you need to buy canbus by pass done on my its a connection that wil plug in ballast which will allow the canbus to work without dettecting any faults nothing will blow up because as soon as the canbus detects the HID's will switch it self off after 20s, the canbus by pass will cost approx £30 and its plug and play hope this helps
This is what Ive ordered mate...:thumbsup

bloody 'ell Seb, you wanna make a bit of money as an outdoor disco whilst it's busted! :rofl

hope you get it fixed soon though mate :thumbsup
Feck me seb thought they were dancing to the bass....

Hope you resolve the problem bruv. Best do as we have a meet in 9 days:eek
Tell me about it was on a dark street and it looked funky as hell. Some of the local squirrels were going crazy! :hihi:hihi

·
Premium Member
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Did the canbus error cancellers stop your mobile disco lights Seb? :thumbsup
All sorted now mate:thumbsup The £8.99 cancellers did the job perfect :D

See my project thread for pics...;)

·
Registered
753 Posts
All sorted now mate:thumbsup The £8.99 cancellers did the job perfect :D

See my project thread for pics...;)
I had to get them for my 330d, before they worked fine if you put the lights on before starting it but if put them on after it was like an epileptics worst nightmare:hihi. Oddly though i never needed them for my 330ci and that had slimline ballats? anyhow glad you got it sorted on the cheap :thumbsup

1 - 20 of 32 Posts