BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey im after a set of tyres for my car, what makes are people using on there car?
I have the mv2 wheels, so 225/40 r 18 and 255/35/18,
i have found a set of falken ze912 are they anygood?

cheers james

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
hey im after a set of tyres for my car, what makes are people using on there car?
I have the mv2 wheels, so 225/40 r 18 and 255/35/18,
i have found a set of falken ze912 are they anygood?

cheers james
I am running these on test on my personal 328i at the moment. Very good overall! The noise level is lower than what I expected and the grip is as you would expect from typical premium tyres and Falken as a brand.

We run Falkens (mainly the FK452, ZE512 (which I think has been replaced with the ZE912 to be confirmed) ). Very well manufactured, very impressive levels of dry and wet performance. We run these on the demo 328i and some family cars without any issues. The road noise can on some occasions be a bit highe rin comparison to Michelin & Continental, but remeber Falkens are 1/2 the price. In terms of performance you won't be dissapointed and Falkens always have had the best wear rates in our own comparison tests on a range of cars against the likes of Michelin Pilot & Primacy variants.

Also may be worth getting some quotes on Goodyear (probably only a couple of quid more than Falkens) which are very competively priced and the Eagle F1 Asymetric and Excellence being very wise buys in every respect.

Got a bit more time now so some added info;

- across a number of cars like a Audi V6 TDi, BMW 328i, Mercedes E320 CDI, Volvo T5's/R's and numerous cars with after markets alloys etc, we have never experienced (or had any customers mention) cases where the Falkens can be faulted. Only the road noise is a bit higher in comparison to the leading brands.

The specifications such as speed ratings, temperature ratings and load rating seem to be very very high across the board with these and in many cases out perform leading brands in this sector. Falken are just giving you more with their construction (probably cheaper to make the tyre as 1 variant and make it to the highest specs).

We were the first to start offering Falken on a large scale, but not so long ago, Falken have raised their prices by circa 18%. However, being a premium brand man myself, I can honestly say that Falkens are the only cheaper brand (compared to premium brand performance tyres) that I've tested hard myself (for almost 3 years across a numbe rof cars and some indentical tests) and would say they can hold their own against the big names in this game.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.