BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to replace standard front beam light bulbs (factory fit boring bulbs) with the Philips X-treme Power bulbs? or do you need to add special attachments or fittings?

My bulbs are standard and absolutely rubbish, especially when on the motorway. Id like to change them but dont want to change or upgrade the headlights. (Yeah, skinflint I know).....

Many thanks
Newms

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi, yes the xtreme will fit with no modifications to the wirings or headunit. i also posted something very similar to this but having a hard time as to which bulb size my E36 uses :sighs:

good luck and some pictures will be very nice ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice, i take it you would recommend them or in your experience would you go with anything else?

Im going to try and put a few photos up..... but due to the rubbish weather my car is filthy (hangs head in shame)....

·
Registered
97 Posts
hehe..im sensing someone trying to convert us to HID! lol
HIDs are the way to go but i cant really be bothered to do any DIY because i always end up destroying something:)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ha ha.....subtle hint i think...... you never know, may shell out for them, just depends on the funds and whether the wife will let me spend some hard earned cash!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts