BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought i'd try this forum for some brain picking as i haven't come up with anything else where. Ok so i developed this problem just before xmas and have been wracking my brain to try and sort this having heard some horror stories about the 320cd i have removed the swirl flaps and replaced with so custom machined blanks from pmw but the noise is still apparent, the car drives fine still no smoke, pulls hard still, comes on boost, no hesitation but if i accelerate so the turbo boosts up and then lift off the gas there is like a intake of breath noise almost dump valve type noise from the exhaust i do have a custom free flow rear silencer with twin tips but i have had this on for about five months now so i know this is a new sound that wasn't there before some people have said wastegate noise others have said dump valve but i didn't think diesels didn't have these i'm pretty sure something is not quite right :confused

·
Bimmerforums Central
8,030 Posts
Thought i'd try this forum for some brain picking as i haven't come up with anything else where. Ok so i developed this problem just before xmas and have been wracking my brain to try and sort this having heard some horror stories about the 320cd i have removed the swirl flaps and replaced with so custom machined blanks from pmw but the noise is still apparent, the car drives fine still no smoke, pulls hard still, comes on boost, no hesitation but if i accelerate so the turbo boosts up and then lift off the gas there is like a intake of breath noise almost dump valve type noise from the exhaust i do have a custom free flow rear silencer with twin tips but i have had this on for about five months now so i know this is a new sound that wasn't there before some people have said wastegate noise others have said dump valve but i didn't think diesels didn't have these i'm pretty sure something is not quite right :confused
Please read the posting rules

http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/f74/bimmerforums-uk-forum-guidelines-t2257/

I have moved this to the right forum and given it a useful title this time..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.