BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have recently purchased a 2004 (54 plate) 320 Sport Convertible with memory seats and power folding mirrors with the reverse dip function.

The mirrors have developed a mind of their own, the drivers side moves around on its own accord as i'm driving and when I try to adjust either side they just move themselves to an extreme position. The power fold function has now stopped working properly too. The mirrors have locked in the folded up position and will not electrically unfold. So my questions are:

1. Is this a repairable fault? I've been told it may be a faulty ribbon in the drivers side mirror effecting both sides?

2. If I purchase replacements will I need mirrors with a 12 pin or 6 pin connector? Or will by mirrors be the ribbon style?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thank you

·
Registered
372 Posts
there have been a lot of people on here lately with mirrors playing up mine have to.
what you could try put key in door lock turn key to open car and see if mirrors go down.
allso i ajusted my mirrors by hand then done memory on seats so now thet stay were
they should problem i have now is when i use mirror togle button mirrors fold up.
wondering if it could be the switch some one mentioned a memory module but dont
know were that is so if any one knows let me know.
thanks keith

·
Registered
320 Posts
Normally guys its the drivers side mirror motor, its the master controller. But obviously this is a hunch without looking at the cars..

·
Registered
372 Posts
i had drivers side mirror off took to bits and tested before putting back. so i am wondering if it is my switch or module just found out there are two one in each
door i might have moved wire when i pulled door panel to unclip wires so i am going to
take door panel right off to check wires before i buy new switch.
keith

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I still couldn't get the mirrors to come down from their folded up position so ended 'manually' yanking them down! Now the passenger's side isn't lining up properly and I'm pretty sure I've broke them as I can hear the fold motor wiring away but doing nothing. I'm going to remove them over the weekend and see if there's anything obviously broken.

I'll let you know how I get on but I have a feeling now that it may well be the switch itself. The car was jet washed around the time the problem started with the drivers side window not closed properly allowing water to get in exactly where the switch is.

If I do need replacement mirrors will they need to be with a 12 pin connector?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts