BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased and fitted a front upper strut brace to my e46 compact sport and my god it makes a difference! Love it! :hihi The front is so much tighter and more positive on turn in it gives me way more confidence in the car, its like a go-kart. :cool
Anyone else done similar?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Is that one of the cheaper option ones from ebay? Had strut braces on my last three cars so was looking into one for mine but don't want to pay the fortune that I've seen some at:eek

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is that one of the cheaper option ones from ebay? Had strut braces on my last three cars so was looking into one for mine but don't want to pay the fortune that I've seen some at:eek

Yeh it was actually. It had good reviews so i thought id give it a try. :D

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeh man - its amazing how one bar makes a difference- it makes the chassis tight- you can now get underbody strut brace

http://www.bmtown.com/imagedata/e34/Strut-Brace-E34-LowerL.jpg

and rear ones. try replacing your clutch and see how much power you release from your engine, almost half the power of the engine is lost due to simple clutch wear.

go 4 it
I remember when i replaced the clutch on my old car it ws much improoved, but i dont really want to do it if its not necessary :D Yh i had seen rear ones etc but they're more work to fit.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Is that this? I might get one of those, but it says M43, mine's M44. I wouldn't have thought that would make a difference to the size of the engine bay though?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeh, thats the one. I dont know the difference between M44 and M43.

·
Banned
110 Posts
please no one buy that strut bar - its cheap and nasty - I ordered one and I sent it straight back. trust me you WILL be disipointed - it does not belong in a BMW

and it wont fit a e36 318iS, go for a m3 evo ac strut bar - I will upload a photo of mine later

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The one I got was excellent, no doubt it wont match an ac one but then neither does the price..

·
Banned
110 Posts
yep suppose u pay for what u get ....

that strut bar looks like a bmx handle bar , it looks well cheap, more suited in a saxo or peugeot 106.

I prefer to have a ulimate driving machine with the ultimate modifications......

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeh but I dont always have the spare funds I am only 18! :silly and im perfectly happy with it no one sees it and it does the job. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.