BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Theres a rattle and sort of squeak coming from underneath the car, I was just curious as to weather anyone has any ideas, it sounds like its coming from the exhaust and one of the brackets has rusted through I think.
It only does it in low down revs say really slowly in second or when you dont quite get the right revs to pull away and the engine judders.
I dont think is anything sinister as it drives fine its just annoying/embarassing :blush :rofl

·
Legendary BFuk Member +1
1,138 Posts
hy m8..defo sounds like your exhaust....you say you think the bracket is rusted throo?get a m8 too rev your engine whille you lay nder the car,,,,press the bracket with a stick or sumthn(exhaust will be toastn)too see if t stops...not to sure if its elated too your engine judder...check your exhaust manifold as well as evn if a nut is slightly loose...the sound travels throo the car...if is not your exhaust...check the idling control valve...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I was listening to it earlier and im 99.9% sure its coming from that bracket or somewhere near there where the exhaust is moving freely now, Im going to pop buy the garage after work and get them to take a peek.

Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.