BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi every1..
i got a 318i recently and have noticed there is a botton on the steering wheel
with a person's head with waves near there mouth. Does that mean that the vehicle has a handsfree kit availabe? or should i check for anything else ..its my first BMW and i am quite new to all this stuff...used to have japanese makes b4...

Thanks

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hi every1..
with a person's head with waves near there mouth. Does that mean that the vehicle has a handsfree kit availabe? or should i check for anything else ..its my first BMW and i am quite new to all this stuff...used to have japanese makes b4...

Thanks
Welcome to BFUK.

Try pressing that button and holding it down for a few seconds to see if you hear a audible bleep in the car. Also, on the console near the handbrake, do you have another one of those buttons?

a person's head with waves near there mouth
Sounds like somebody I know! :lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi every1..

Thanks
I got my 318 Ci last night and I thinking the same thing. I tried to search for a bluetooth device but my phone wont come up with anything.

I will try to find the button near the arm rest, aparently there is a button to pair the system

·
Registered
8 Posts
Right I've had a GOOD look and here are my issues:
- There is both the R/T & Voice Dial buttons on my steering wheel
- Nothing happenes when I press or hold either of the buttons... Nothing at all
- I can't find a Bluetooth link button anywhere in the car
- It does not seem like a BMW Mic has been installed for the handsfree as there is not on mounted on the inside of the roof

Am I being really stupid or something!?

I can't see BMW having these buttons in the car without the kit installed... Its really small but its bugging me! lol

Is anyone able to help?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
same here.. i tried to find one button near the arm rest..bt was unlucky..even tried pressing R/T button and holding ..stil no luck..... doesnt all beemers have this option though???

·
Registered
199 Posts
Most cars have the multi-function steering wheel with the cruise control and the buttons you mention. However, not all where fitted with a car kit. If you call a BMW dealers and give them your vin number, they will tell you if the kit was fitted from build. If you have no audible noise when holding the buttons, and you do not have a mic or pairing button, then I would wager money that you do not have a kit fitted. Sorry.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The R/T button on multifunction wheels is really to do with production. Standard fit after 2001 but only enabled as an option if telephone/bluetooth requested when buying car from dealer. Not pre-wired that I know of, so you will need an ISO module to work with your head unit if fitting aftermarket.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.