BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I plan to replace the rocker cover gasket soon, and while at it I will also replace the ignition coil tube seals.

Is there anything else that is advisable to do as a precautionary measure while the rocker cover is off?

Also I will fit the latest version of the chain tensioner, does it matter if I do it with the rocker cover on or off?

Thank you.
Solpap

·
Platinum BFuk Member
1,192 Posts
If I remember rightly there are only two tubes you can get at with the rocker cover off. Cleaning the oil spray bars out while the cover is off would be good maintenance. No difference regarding the rocker cover when changing the chain tensioner.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I remember rightly there are only two tubes you can get at with the rocker cover off. Cleaning the oil spray bars out while the cover is off would be good maintenance. No difference regarding the rocker cover when changing the chain tensioner.
Thank you for your input, that's very helpful.

I hadn't picked up that the oil spray bar may get clogged and cause issues, I will remove and clean it.

With regards to the coil tubes, yes there are two that are accessible with the cover off.

Many thanks again!

Sol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts