1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Platinum BFuk Member
2,578 Posts
no it dosent have a specific remote on

but... all the remote on is a live feed when the engine is on,

so on the back of the HU you will have a permanent live and a switched live
i can remember the colour,

but if you pull the plug off the HU, with iggnition off, multimeter the connections to ground to find the +ive
turn the iggnition on then multimeter the connections to find the switched +ve

·
Registered
2 Posts
Help!

so these pin outs are for the Old Business CD player (i have 2004 330) NON HK set up... im a little confused as ive read numerous posts on forums about this and am still confused. Do i need a "High Level Speaker to Low Level RCA Converter" that allows the use of a RCA cable to an amplifier with a radio that only has No Pre-outs only speaker wire outputs.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260469204287&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_2460wt_902

i cant work out if i need this or not... and where's best to use it if i do?! off the rear speakers?!

nay help well appreciated - cheers!!!!!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's one way of doing it and yes, just connect to the rear speakers and an earth. Funnily enough I bought one of the Halfords line converters for just under £9 and never used it. Yours for a fiver if you want it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
thanks for the reply, that's good enough advice for me!!! it will probably cost you close to that to post it... i can get that one for £6.49 delivered mate and has adjustable level controls on both channels.. thanks for the offer though very kind..

·
Registered
7 Posts
ive just brought a sub and amp, ive also got a standard bmw buisness radio with no rca outputs, ive wired p.live and earth off the battery and ive tapped into pin number 5 on the radio to give me my remote. ive just ordered a High Level Speaker to Low Level RCA Converter, this is were im not to sure what i have to do, do i just tap off one of the rear speakers? eg. left speaker?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
......ive just ordered a High Level Speaker to Low Level RCA Converter, this is were im not to sure what i have to do, do i just tap off one of the rear speakers? eg. left speaker?
This is the one I have, which is still going spare if anyone wants it, lol.
5 wires; L+, L-, R+, R- and earth/ground, so you need to tap into both speakers and find a good earth. A weak earth will give you interference. :)
I would imagine the wires will be marked or colour coded with instructions.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The easiest way, is to wire the REM wire to the fuse box, and tap into the head unit fuse. This way only when your head unit is on, your amp will be on. I had a friend who tapped it into the dipped beam fuse, that way he could have his Sub on and off as he liked in the daylight.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts