BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again i hope some one may be able to shed some light on the subject.
I have just replaced my standard head unit with an after market kenwood bt50u head unit. Im still running all the factory speakers have no amps or changed any speakers or wiring only amp i have is the built in one on the head unit.For the first few days it sounded lovely even on the standard speakers but recently after half hour of playing and not at a high volume it starts to distort quite badly to the point that i want to rip the head unit out. I have all the settings bass, middle and treble fairly low too could any one tell me what the problem may be The only thing i can think of is the speakers are not powerful enough for the job but im not to sure i dont really want to upgrade the speakers because ive read from a few posts that they are a bit of a pain to get to thank you very much. Any advice would be greatfully received

·
Platinum BFuk Member
2,578 Posts
the standard speakers are pretty rubbish,

the front speakers are not too hard to replace, you only need to remove the door card,

DO they distort all the time now? if they were working fine and now they have started to distort i would suggest that maybe they have been damaged by having the HU up too loud

i think you would benefit from new speakers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts