BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have just taken my BMW to the garage around the corner because of a rattling noise coming from underneath. Its a high mileage (144k) diesel, but I'm only doing around 8,000 a year now. They put it up on the ramps and said it needed a new catalytic converter. I have two questions about this.
1) What is a reasonable price to pay for a genuine BMW cat.
2) Are the after market ones any good. Ive seen some for £150 are these any good?

Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Bimmerforums Central
8,030 Posts
Hello,

I have just taken my BMW to the garage around the corner because of a rattling noise coming from underneath. Its a high mileage (144k) diesel, but I'm only doing around 8,000 a year now. They put it up on the ramps and said it needed a new catalytic converter. I have two questions about this.
1) What is a reasonable price to pay for a genuine BMW cat.
2) Are the after market ones any good. Ive seen some for £150 are these any good?

Any help would be much appreciated.
HI Booth

Im not sure on the price of a genuine OEM BMW catalytic converter but they are about £215 I 'think' for your car from GSF (german swedish french)

They will be expensive direct from BMW (I would guess at about £250-£300 but that is a guess!!) so an OEM parts supplier like GSF is your best option by far.

You need to be more specific about the one you have seen for £150....a web link or make for example.

but in general, if it fits and has a guarantee, it will do the job required!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts